1. The competition is international. All participants can present as many short films as they wish, with or without subtitles. The films must have been produced after January 1st 2008, and be no more than 30 minutes in length
2. The categories are as follows -
- Official Selection – Live Action/Fiction
- Official Selection – Animation
- Official Selection – Experimental Film/ Documentary_Nonfiction (Val del Omar Award)
- Andalusian Competition
3. The subject matter can be anything, although films using less than 50% original material will be excluded.
4. AGE LIMIT: No limit
5. ENTRY GUIDELINES
In order to participate in the Short Film Competition of the 17th International Young Filmmakers Festival of Granada, the on-line registration form must be fully completed. It is available at www.filmfest-granada.com
In addition, the following documentation must be sent by post or courier, clearly indicating on the envelope the title of the short film and the name of the director, along with the registration number assigned it on the Festival’s web page.
- DVD (labeled with the name of the work and the director) containing the whole of the film or video being presented
The works that do not meet the aforementioned requirements will not be admitted.
The mailing address is as follows:
16th International Young Filmmakers Festival of Granada
C/ Verónica de la Magdalena 23, 2º planta
18009. Granada. Spain
Web Site: www.filmfest-granada.com
ENTRY DEADLINE: 30th June 2010
6. The Festival's Selection Committee will view the films presented and select the finalists for the competition. The postage for sending in the selected films must be paid by the participants but the Festival will pay the postage for the return of the films. A return address must be clearly indicated. The DVD copies received will become the possession of the Festival , as part of the video library dependent FIJR Granada (located in C / Verónica de la Magdalena 23, 2nd floor, City Council Youth Council of Granada) for its archives and dissemination in suitable cultural circuits.
BEST SHORT FILM shot in 35 mm and/or 16 mm (6.000 €)
BEST ANIMATION FILM (3.000 €)
BEST EXPERIMENTAL/DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM "José Val del Omar Award" (4.500 €) Be confirmed in the future
BEST SPANISH SHORT FILM (3.000 €)
BEST ANDALUSIAN SHORT FILM (1.500 €)
BEST GRANADA SHORT FILM (1.500 €)
Prizes attached to deductions by public prosecutor law’s according.
Generally (taken from previous edition):
15% tax withholding Spanish entities
25% tax withholding Foreing persons and entities
8. The selected works will be shown publicly during the Festival, according to a schedule decided in advance, with the understanding that the authors or producers of the films authorize such screening. The organizers have the right to create informative brochures about the shorts shown. The producers of the shorts also authorize the use of a fragment of their film (with a maximum length of thirty seconds) for dissemination in any information medium. The producers of the short films that win awards or special mention in any category must grant reproduction rights for the making of a promotional DVD about the winners.
9. The Festival will protect the integrity of the works shown. An insurance policy will be purchased for the film’s material value, for the time it remains in the Festival’s possession.
10. The jury will be comprised of professionals from the film world. The jury may decide not to award one or more prizes or to give a special mention not specified in these rules.
11. Taking part in the Festival implies the total acceptance of these rules. The prize money amount is subject to the legally-established tax obligations and the payment will be made within the period determined by the Festival’s organizers.
DATA PROTECTION: THE ORGANIZATION CAN USE ALL YOUR PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DATA FOR PRINT AND DISPLAYING IN THE MEDIA FORMATS THEY DECIDE. THIS IS EXTENSIBLE TO THE PARTNERS, COLLABORATORS AND OTHER ASSOCIATIONS TO WHOM THE ORGANIZATION IS RELATED. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THIS, PLEASE SEND AN E-MAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org REQUESTING THE DESTRUCTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
USEFUL INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS WHOSE FILMS ARE SELECTED
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION:
The Directors or Producers contact information supplied in the registration form may appear in publications related to the Festival or other collaborating festivals. Such information will be destroyed immediately if an e-mail is sent requesting such destruction email@example.com
2. PAYMENT OF PRIZE MONEY
The Festival must receive, in order to pay the prize money:
* Original document issued, signed and stamped by the bank specifying the bank account information of the prize winner.
* The prize winner’s Fiscal ID code (for companies) or National Identification Number (for individuals).
So, FOR THE PAYMENT TO BE MADE WINNERS MUST PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AND INFORMATION:
* COPY OF WINNER’S PASSPORT OR FISCAL ID CODE IN THE CASE OF PRODUCTION COMPANIES
* ORIGINAL DOCUMENT (NOT SCANNED OR FAXED) ISSUED BY YOUR BANK THAT NECESSARILY INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Name of account holder
Branco Code (international)
Swift Code (international)
IBAN: (international bank account number)
Bank’s full name and address
Bank’s original signature and seal
(This document will be used by the Granada City Council to demonstrate that the the prize money has been deposited in a bank account in the winner’s or the production company’s name
3. FOR THE SCREENING OF THE SELECTED SHORTS: FORMATS ADMITTED
* Betacam SP (analog betacam, beta SP, analog beta)
* Betacam Digital
4. COLLECTION AND RETURN BACK SCREENING COPY
The Screening format of the selected works will be sent by the applicant within the time requested by the Organization and with payment by sender. The return of the copy will be made by the Organization immediately after the Festival, and its cost will be borne by the International Festival of Young Filmmakers.